Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Problem

I have an f****ing problem with the Update 10.10.4: (About the OS X Yosemite v10.10.4 Update - Apple Support)

I was downloading the update and suddenly when the download was abt to complete a message appeared saying that the update changed, and it asked me to update again as If I didn't update anything but I assure you that I downloaded the 1GB of the update, the worst is that now when I check for other updates the AppStore keeps searching but nothing happens and it DRAGS all of my ram memory.

So I can´t search for new updates I don't what to do 'cause I'm scared of updating again 'cause I think that it may affect the system and could it break down my mac and it would crash

I hope you can assist me

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:47 AM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 1:25 PM in response to edg5

This procedure will delete certain temporary and cache files used by system processes. The files are automatically generated and don't contain any of your data. Occasionally they can become corrupt and cause problems such as yours.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/var/folders/zz

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "zz" selected. Move that subfolder to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Jul 7, 2015 2:27 PM in response to edg5

Absolutely do not follow those instructions or do anything else unless you have a backup.

I suggest you shut down the computer immediately and don't turn it on again until you have at least one external hard drive (two or more recommended) to dedicate to backup. Each backup drive must have at least enough capacity to hold all the data on the internal drive comfortably, as well as any data that you have on secondary drives. Then follow the instructions in this support article.

Update Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.