Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a solution to listen apple music through imac g5 speakers?

I saw it's possible to connect itunes on 10.5.8 system with apple tv but it's impossible to connect for instance a mac book or an iphone to the imac g5 speakers...

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), null

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:06 AM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2015 7:15 AM in response to Toya1

Though I have not researched this, the issue may be due to no AirPlay support across the

different and outdated products that are mismatched, such as the old G5 iMac in 10.5.8.

Some versions of AirPort Express supported iTunes music, in the days the G5 iMac was

current technology; even that may not support sharing music across wi-fi between those.

While I have an older AirPort Express that was able to support iTunes music sharing, with

older OS X prior to 10.6.8, have not the other products to test that idea either.

Perhaps someone may offer an opinion or suggestion based on a wider variety of experience.

Since most of us here are other users, who voluntarily joined ASC, we do not represent Apple

and while there is a database available online, that can be difficult to locate info you seek.

Replies from the community of discussions users may be limited because this thread is within

a dated or vintage hardware section with fewer visitors.

In any event...

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Is there a solution to listen apple music through imac g5 speakers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.