Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad crashed wont update forced to reset to factory now it wont restore

I have two, possibly 3 backups for this ipad: A current one which is five days old and is called 'corrupt' and a six month old one one on my XP computer which is widely known not to talk to the itunes store any more, thus wont let me do anything with my ipad.

I think my older, external backup of itunes may contain an earlier, uncorrupted version of the ipad backup, but apple has forced me to update to a new OS....I basically have a 'new' i[pad, no settings, and 100 apps missing (no I dont use the cloud). Anyone know what the windows folder is on itunes that has the vital information? With only one possible backup left to use I cant risk plugging it in and itunes overwriting my last hope. I want to protect it first.

I fear for my phone. I do my duty to protect my devices for an event such as this by backing up regularly..

Thanks.

Windows laptop-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:22 AM

1 reply

ipad crashed wont update forced to reset to factory now it wont restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.