Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk utility can't fix HD error

Hi to everyone, I 've been searching for an advice about the Disk Utility tool but I can't find one that match this issue .

I have 2 years-old IMAc that's appear to be working fine. Today I've run a disk verification, using Disk Utility and the result was :

This disk needs to be repaired using the Recovery HD. Restart your computer, holding down the Command key and the R key until you see the Apple logo. When the OS X Utilities window appears, choose Disk Utility.

I did that and everything looks fine, no error apparently. however when I run this tool again, after logged in my MAC, the error persist . Is it a early sing of HD fail?

p/s I have my important file in a time machine backup

Here is the complete report from the scan:

Hope you can help me out!

thanks

This disk needs to be repaired using the Recovery HD. Restart your computer, holding down the Command key and the R key until you see the Apple logo. When the OS X Utilities window appears, choose Disk Utility.

Verifying permissions for “Macintosh HD”Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired.Group differs on “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”; should be 80; group is 0.Permissions differ on “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”; should be -rw-rw-rw- ; they are -rw-r--r-- .User differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; user is 244.Group differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; group is 244.

Permissions verification complete

Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired.Group differs on “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”; should be 80; group is 0.Permissions differ on “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”; should be -rw-rw-rw- ; they are -rw-r--r-- .Repaired “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”User differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; user is 244.Group differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; group is 244.Repaired “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”

Permissions repair complete

Verifying volume “Macintosh HD”Verifying storage systemChecking volumedisk0s2: Scan for Volume Headersdisk0s2: Scan for Disk LabelsLogical Volume Group 6F8444FB-9DBA-4D00-A97C-A803D45D4591 on 1 devicedisk0s2: Scan for Metadata VolumeLogical Volume Group has a 16 MB Metadata Volume with double redundancyStart scanning metadata for a valid checkpointLoad and verify Segment HeadersLoad and verify Checkpoint PayloadLoad and verify Transaction SegmentIncorporate 0 newer non-checkpoint transactionsLoad and verify Virtual Address TableLoad and verify Segment Usage TableLoad and verify Metadata SuperblockLoad and verify Logical Volumes B-TreesLogical Volume Group contains 1 Logical VolumeLoad and verify B038A828-A8EE-4207-870D-2C3EF3B19A22Load and verify E5E32BBF-0C52-4CEA-A56D-BFC9F8211188Load and verify Freespace SummaryLoad and verify Block AccountingLoad and verify Live Virtual AddressesNewest transaction commit checkpoint is validLoad and verify Segment CleaningThe volume 6F8444FB-9DBA-4D00-A97C-A803D45D4591 appears to be OKStorage system check exit code is 0.Verifying file system.Using live mode.Performing live verification.Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.Checking extents overflow file.Checking multi-linked files.Incorrect number of file hard linksChecking catalog hierarchy.Invalid directory item count(It should be 42006 instead of 42007)Invalid directory item count(It should be 34 instead of 33)Checking extended attributes file.File system check exit code is 8.Error: This disk needs to be repaired using the Recovery HD. Restart your computer, holding down the Command key and the R key until you see the Apple logo. When the OS X Utilities window appears, choose Disk Utility.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:59 AM

1 reply

Disk utility can't fix HD error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.