Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 miniplayer seriously messed up in Windows 7

I am using iTunes 12.2.0 on a Windows 7, 64-bit PC. In this release, the iTunes miniplayer is seriously messed up:

(1) When you select "Hide Large Artwork", the play/pause/volume controls are not visible and the song name is cut off at the top of the box.

(2) When you select "Show Large Artwork", the song name and play/pause/volume controls are only visible when you mouse over the miniplayer box. There is also a black bar at the bottom of the box that is essentially wasted space.

t looks like there is a bug in computing how the elements of the miniplayer box should be filled into the window. Does anybody know if Apple is going to issue a fix for this bug? The current situation makes the miniplayer almost useless.

I am also not sure if the same bug exists in for iTunes on MacOS X, but it might.

Dell PC-OTHER, Windows 7, 64-bit Windows 7

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:15 AM

14 replies

Jul 7, 2015 9:24 AM in response to robertfromwatertown

robertfromwatertown wrote:

I am using iTunes 12.2.0 on a Windows 7, 64-bit PC. In this release, the iTunes miniplayer is seriously messed up:

(1) When you select "Hide Large Artwork", the play/pause/volume controls are not visible and the song name is cut off at the top of the box.

That is correct, however the song name will scroll, and when you bring the mouse pointer over the player, the controls appear.

robertfromwatertown wrote:

(2) When you select "Show Large Artwork", the song name and play/pause/volume controls are only visible when you mouse over the miniplayer box. There is also a black bar at the bottom of the box that is essentially wasted space.

That is also the way that it works. In my opinion, the purpose of the large artwork is just to show the artwork. I'm not sure where you are seeing this black bar. Is this when the controls have vanished and you just see the artwork? Is it possible this is something in your artwork? I'm not seeing this on my computer.

Jul 7, 2015 9:31 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying. I am attaching some screenshots that illustrate the problem.

(1) With "show large artwork", but not moused-over. Note black bar at bottom.

User uploaded file

(2) With "show large artwork", moused-over. The name of the song is almost cut off by the top of the box.

User uploaded file

(3) With "Hide large artwork", moused over. Note that the song name is cut off by the top of the box and the controls are no longer visible.

User uploaded file

I am using a Dell PC running Windows 7 Enterprise (Service Pack 1), 64-bit OS.

Hope this helps to explain what I am seeing. I never had this problem in older versions of iTunes.

Thanks again,

Robert

Jul 7, 2015 9:44 AM in response to robertfromwatertown

Well, after looking at your screenshots, I thought it might have been because you did not actually have any artwork, however when I searched for and used a song that I have in my library that does not have the album artwork, it functions the same as I said. I do not see this black bar you show and my song name appears as it should.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

You should be able to understand which is which.

Jul 7, 2015 10:06 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Chris. I was able to replicate the screenshots that you sent by listening to an actual album in my music library.

But the buggy screenshots that I sent before were from when I tried to use the miniplayer to listen to a streaming internet radio station. Therefore, I can deduce:

(1) The miniplayer seems to function OK when you listen to an actual album in your music library

(2) The miniplayer seems to be buggy when you listen to a streaming internet radio station.

I would say that this is still a bug and that it deserves to be looked into.

Best,

Bob

Jul 7, 2015 10:12 AM in response to robertfromwatertown

I just checked another laptop that I have and see the same behavior I showed before. I will take a look at using a radio station. Are you referring to the iTunes radio, or the Internet stations? That could make a difference, since information is coming from a different location. You can provide feedback to Apple though by going to http://www.apple.com/feedback and clicking on the appropriate subject.

Jul 7, 2015 10:21 AM in response to robertfromwatertown

Okay, just went their on mine. I've only posted one snip, since they are all the same.

User uploaded file

I have to believe it is something with your installation, or your graphics card. Have you gone to the corner of the artwork and clicked and dragged it larger or smaller? Have you tried closing iTunes, restarting the computer and then trying it all over again? Sorry, but it seems to be on your device.

Jul 7, 2015 10:54 AM in response to robertfromwatertown

Can't say, but like I said, I'm unable to replicate that behavior. You could always remove iTunes and reinstall it. Use this support document to ensure that you remove it correctly, Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support After the reinstallation, see how it works. Good luck.

Jul 10, 2015 9:57 AM in response to robertfromwatertown

I just experienced the same problem this morning. I saw it while trying to play a downloaded podcast, so I don't think it has to do with being connected to the Internet. So I played a song from my library, and mini player appeared exactly as it should. I went back to the podcast, and mini player messed up again. It does fine on Apple Radio, but messes up on Internet Radio. I don't use iTunes to play movies so I'm not sure about those. That doesn't sound like a computer error to me.

iTunes 12.2 miniplayer seriously messed up in Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.