Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot text one person on my address book

I have started to have a problem texting one person on my address book she can text me and I can phone her but not text. It looks as though it has gone but she does not receive it. I note other people have had this problem and have group text to get around it. I am not sure if this works and would like a better solution is there one? Using iPhone 5, network Lycamobile, and firmware 8.02.00

I have reset the network, switched on and off, re booted.

It was working until very recently

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 7:47 AM

Greetings margsmit218,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are able to send and receive text messages except from one person. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Delete existing conversations

If you can't send messages to a certain recipient, delete any conversations you have with them and try sending a new message. When you delete a conversation, you won’t be able to recover it.

1. Check for a carrier settings update.
  2. Check for an iOS software update.

Turn iMessage off and back on

Go to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage off, then back on.

Sign out and back in to iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  3. On your iPhone first, sign back in to iMessage and Facetime.
  4. Sign back in to iMessage and Facetime on your other devices.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2015 7:47 AM in response to margsmit218

Greetings margsmit218,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are able to send and receive text messages except from one person. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Delete existing conversations

If you can't send messages to a certain recipient, delete any conversations you have with them and try sending a new message. When you delete a conversation, you won’t be able to recover it.

1. Check for a carrier settings update.
  2. Check for an iOS software update.

Turn iMessage off and back on

Go to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage off, then back on.

Sign out and back in to iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  3. On your iPhone first, sign back in to iMessage and Facetime.
  4. Sign back in to iMessage and Facetime on your other devices.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

cannot text one person on my address book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.