Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync problems with iOS 8.4 - iPhone won't accept new media or changes from iTunes

After updating to iOS 8.4, I've encountered a problem. My phone still reacts when connected to iTunes, I can add new podcasts, videos and music - new apps, changes in playlists. And when I press "sync" it seems that all is well, but when I look at my phone afterwards, I can see that no changes have actually been applied.

I have Vista (I know, it is the worst), so I can't update iTunes to 12.2, so maybe that's part of the problem. But they can't seriously expect me to buy a new computer, just so I can put new music on my phone?

I have tried re-installing iTunes, restarting computer and phone.

Can someone please help me?

(On a (somewhat) unrelated note, all my album art has disappeared, too.)

iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 10:51 AM

5 replies

Jul 11, 2015 9:44 PM in response to RaspberryJudo

Yes, I also have the same setup (8.4, Vista, iPhone 6) and all of the above issues. Tried all the solutions suggested elsewhere but nothing has worked. Some you can't even attempt as the options are not offered pre-12.2, for example;

In iTunes 12.2 go to Edit > Preferences... > General tab > UNCHECK the "Show Apple Music" option > OK

go into setting on your iPhone click music then turn off iCloud Music Library

Help please!

Jul 15, 2015 6:52 AM in response to RaspberryJudo

Don't everybody rush in at once to help these guys! I'm a Vista user who has closely followed the decline of iTunes for about a year. Fortunately I don't own an iPhone, however I can tell you that devices running iOS 8 require iTunes 11.4 or higher for support. Unfortunately that means they require a version that isn't altogether compatible with Vista, even though support for Vista didn't officially end until the release of iTunes 12.2. Posts by cneufeldhq on page 4 of https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6601527?start=45&tstart=0 gave me the impression that an iPhone running iOS 8 cannot be supported from a Vista PC, period. If anyone knows otherwise, please post. Oh, if you have disabled data execution prevention and/or problem reporting on your Vista PC, then my advice is to turn them back on. These measures won't prevent iTunes from crashing, but will definitely render your PC more vulnerable to other problems. I'm guessing a crash report for iTunes appears in Problem Reports and Solutions every time you try to sync your iPhone. It might be interesting to have a look at the details. Frankly, you will probably end up buying a new computer. Windows 10 should be available soon.

Sync problems with iOS 8.4 - iPhone won't accept new media or changes from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.