Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to enable auto cap on pages after a period?

So every time I type something in pages or somewhere else my macbook never auto caps lets after period, at the beginning of sentences, etc. for example, that "for " just now or if i type "i" it doesn't auto cap. it fills in ' for me just fine, but nothing with caps. its kinda annoying coming from office that always auto caped after periods or on other things.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 12:47 PM

No release of Pages v5 provides auto-capitalization.

One of the free WordService services does provide this ability when one or more sentences are selected. WordService is in the OS X App Store. On download, it will install the individual services, but you will have to visit System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services, and enable those that you want active. The Sort Ascending service is quite handy too.

The WordService application has a Help button. It will launch Preview and present a PDF that describes the individual services.

Pages '09 v4.3 offered auto-capitalization among its preference settings. So does Word.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 12:47 PM in response to gibarr

No release of Pages v5 provides auto-capitalization.

One of the free WordService services does provide this ability when one or more sentences are selected. WordService is in the OS X App Store. On download, it will install the individual services, but you will have to visit System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services, and enable those that you want active. The Sort Ascending service is quite handy too.

The WordService application has a Help button. It will launch Preview and present a PDF that describes the individual services.

Pages '09 v4.3 offered auto-capitalization among its preference settings. So does Word.

how to enable auto cap on pages after a period?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.