Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime not showing in my setting any more.

FaceTime is not showing in my setting any more on my iPhone 5S. but iMessage is working fine.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 10:18 AM

10 replies

Jul 7, 2015 10:30 AM in response to Pilot787

That phone originated in the Middle East. FaceTime is banned in some countries there. Where it is banned, FaceTime has been permanently removed. In countries where it is not banned, iPhones sold there will have FaceTime disabled if they become unlocked or are used outside of the country of origin. You can not use FaceTime on that phone in the US.

Jul 7, 2015 10:36 AM in response to Pilot787

That's right. The phone came from Qatar. When you took it out of the country, FaceTime was disabled. It will only work in Qatar with a SIM from that country.

This is a legal requirement placed on Apple by the governments in the Middle East. There is no way around it. If you intend to stay in the US and you need FaceTime, you will need to buy a phone from a country without such draconian laws, preferably a phone intended for use in the US.

FaceTime not showing in my setting any more.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.