Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a new iTunes station

I want to create a new iTunes (Apple Music) radio station given the name of the artist. I don't have any songs by that artist in my music library; I just want to try listening to some of his music first.

iMac with Retina 5K display, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 9:24 AM

Hey iSheleg,

You can create a radio station in iTunes from any location you can play a song. Listen to Beats One or iTunes Radio - iTunes Help If you like an artist that is in the iTunes Store but you do not have any of their music in your iTunes library, go to the store and search for one of their albums or songs. Select a song and play the preview. While it is playing, at the top of the screen you can then right-click (or control click) on the area that shows what is playing and select New Station from Song or New Station from Artist from the contextual menu. A new radio station is created from your selection and starts playing.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your music!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2015 9:24 AM in response to iSheleg

Hey iSheleg,

You can create a radio station in iTunes from any location you can play a song. Listen to Beats One or iTunes Radio - iTunes Help If you like an artist that is in the iTunes Store but you do not have any of their music in your iTunes library, go to the store and search for one of their albums or songs. Select a song and play the preview. While it is playing, at the top of the screen you can then right-click (or control click) on the area that shows what is playing and select New Station from Song or New Station from Artist from the contextual menu. A new radio station is created from your selection and starts playing.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your music!

How to create a new iTunes station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.