Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Library: Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred 4010.

I'm currently on version 10.10.4 of OS X running the latest iTunes version of iTunes. I had some unknown music show up in my library, so I decided to unselect "iCloud Music Library" in preferences. When I went to go turn it back on, I keep getting: iCloud Music Library: Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred 4010.

I've tried restarting my Mac, I've even disabled Genius, and still keep getting that error. As a result, I can't listen to Apple Music. When I try to play on a song, it tells me the song "Song Name" cannot be played because your Apple Music subscription has expired.

Anyone else run into this problem and found a solution for it?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), iTunes

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 10:09 AM

3 replies

Jul 18, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Tiberius Maximus

Unfortunately lots of us are having the issue and there doesn't seem to be any clear answer. Check out these threads for others having the issue and a few things that worked for some people (but not all).

iCloud Music Library Can't Be Enabled / iTunes will not deliver iCloud Music Library

Apple Music / iCloud Music Library - Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4001)

iCloud Music 4010 Error

iCloud Music Library: Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred 4010.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.