Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Screen during boot camp in Mac Mini (Late 2014)

I have Mac Mini (Late 2014) -2.6” GHz Core i5 , 8GB Memory , Intel Iris 1536 MB , 1TB

I can’t install windows 7 or 8 using BootCamp , after create the windows install USB disk , download Drivers and create the boot camp partition after restart I got a black screen .

We tried many windows ver , 7 pro , 7 ultimate , windows 8.1 we have got the same result.

We did this when Mac mini attached to monitors via MiniDisplay to VGA Adapter and directly connected to displays via HDMI cables

We tried to boot from windows USB disk without boot camp .. after restart we got the same Black Screen..

Although I used the same windows usb flash memory in another MacBook Pro to install windows successfully

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:46 AM

20 replies

Jul 7, 2015 1:01 PM in response to maged248

1. If you get a black screen, do you also see a blinking underline cursor at the top left of your screen?

2. Failed Windows installations can leave some NVRAM variables which can interfere with subsequent attempts. Can you run the following two procedures

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

3. There are multiple USB ports in the back of the Mini. Can you test with each USB port? Run the above two steps after each failed attempt.

4. If you still cannot install Windows, your partitions should be examined. Can you post the output of the following Terminal commands.

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

5. This is an option of last resort.

a. Back up OSX using Time Machine - Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac - Apple Support.

b. Boot into Internet Recovery - OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support.

c. Erase your internal drive and restore from the TM backup in Step 1 - OS X Yosemite: Recover your entire system.

Please be aware that TM does not backup Bootcamp partitions.

Jul 7, 2015 3:31 PM in response to Loner T

I got black screen without blinking underline cursor .I tried with the four USB ports with same result

I tried with about five different Mac Mini with same configuration ( We have 10 new Mac mini Late 2014 received this week )

After Erase the internal drive and reinstall OS X 10.10.4 and Using BC Assistant got the same black screen

I Think we have a conflict with Graphics card Intel Iris 1536 MB in mac mini and windows because even we try to select the windows USB using the Option Key , after restart I got the black screen ..!!

Black Screen during boot camp in Mac Mini (Late 2014)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.