Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Time Pro license

Why am I given so little information on the necessity to update Quick Time and at the same time being told my current Pro license is not going to be valid for the updated product? I have never had a chance to use the current Quick Time Pro so it makes no sense to prevent my access to Pro features if I update. I cannot think of any other software that requires more and more money for the same functions. It just does not seem fair.

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:04 AM

2 replies

Jul 17, 2015 7:03 AM in response to stephen714

Your QT Pro license is still valid and it still works with Quicktime Player 7. You may have to download it from Apple's servers if you don't have the program in your mac (either in /Applications or /Applications/Utilities).

Quicktime Player X does not use your Pro license. It is a completely redesigned software. It does some of the things that you could do with Qt 7 Pro, for free. Some other things it does not.

Quick Time Pro license

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.