Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

G4 OS X Tiger Install

I have a Mac G4 800 MHz PowerPC (Quicksilver) running OS X Panther Ver. 10.3.2. There is 1 GB of Ram. Two hard drives each 150 GB.

I want to upgrade to Tiger OS X 10.4. I managed to find a copy of Mac OS X 10.4 on Ebay. Still in original packaging and seems to be genuine. When I check this disk in an iMac or MBP the disk opens and is 'ready to go.' It appears good.

However, when I insert the disk into the G4 drive - nothing happens! The disk image does not appear and after about 30 seconds the disk ejects. I have wracked my brains for a work-around or solution but I'm stumped!

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.3.x), 800 MHz Quicksilver

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:15 AM

Hi,

Is it a gray machine specific Install Disc, or the Black Retail one?

What is the 2z691-****-A number on it?

Does the QS maybe only have a CD drive & not handle DVDs?

12 replies

Jul 9, 2015 3:10 AM in response to BDAqua

For some unknown reason I cannot award a "This Helped me" Star on the last two entries. Apple Support web is very glitchy on my MBP! Often, after I log in I get stuck. I write it off to Apple's DGS (Don't give a Sh**) attitude.

BDAqua has been a great help to me with this issue. He went beyond "the call of duty!"

Many thanks!

G4 OS X Tiger Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.