Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos stripped great features from iPhoto.

With the migration from iPhoto to Photos, I have lost pictures, found many duplicate pictures, lost ALL facial tags, lost the date information (causing photos to turn up in the wrong year/month), and lost the ability to tag the location to photos I take with my DSLR. I am thoroughly disappointed with this app, and more so with how Apple has caused the loss of many photos with the transition.

Apple, you really dropped the ball with this change...

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 10:55 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2015 11:00 AM in response to mgoldade

Do you have a specific issue you'd like some help with for a workaround or solution if there is one? Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Apple-Photos Feedback.

The feedback is working as can be seen from the following paragraph in this Apple webpage: Apple OS X El Capitan.

Photos has been fine-tuned to make it even easier to manage your library. Now you can add a location to a single image or to an entire Moment. Naming your favorite people in Faces is faster with a streamlined workflow. You can also sort your albums — and the contents inside them — by date, title, and more.

Being Version 1 there's a lot of room for improvement and with enough prodding we can help Apple get to where we'd like it to be.

User uploaded file

Photos stripped great features from iPhoto.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.