Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a profile for certain situations?

Is there a good way to create different profiles for different times of the day for example? So if I only want a certain ringtone for a certain type of e-mail received, or if a certain person calls me, a different ringtone will alert me. Blackberry did a good job doing this, but Apple seems to be a bit behind on this and its very frustrating for a business user.

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 12:56 PM

For a certain Contact, yes (Edit the contact in the contact app). For a particular time of day,or a particular kind of email, no.

Considering RIM's current state, copying Backberry is probably NOT on Apple's must do list (or anyone else's for that matter).

6 replies

Jul 7, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Kilgore-Trout wrote:

Considering RIM's current state, copying Backberry is probably NOT on Apple's must do list (or anyone else's for that matter).

Profiles were the one thing I missed when switching away from a Blackberry all those years ago. Ironically, the thing that I'd most love to be able to mute at certain times of the day and on certain days of the week is BBM, which my job requires I use.

Jul 7, 2015 3:26 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

Kilgore-Trout wrote:

In my case it is Lync (Skype for Business). Although there are times I'd just as soon shoot Outlook and put it out of my misery.

I could just use it on the company provided phone (generally an Android) but, nerd though I am, I'm not carrying two phones around. 🙂

I spent some time carrying two phones a few years back. Never again.

How do I create a profile for certain situations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.