Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to close bookmark bar on mini

tapping book icon does not close bookmark bar. Other methods to try?

iPad mini

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:55 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2015 1:48 PM in response to zacman812

When I mean portrait or landscape, I was referring to how you were holding the device. You say long side down, that is landscape. Bookmarks should appear and/or disappear in either view. Tapping once on the bookmark button should display the bookmarks and the button should appear blue. Tapping on it again should close the bookmarks bar, and the button would no longer be blue. Try force closing Safari first. Tap the home button to close it, then double-tap the home button to bring up the multi-tasking bar. Find Safari and swipe upwards on the thumbnail photo to close it. Then power the iPad off/on. Try it. If it still doesn't work, then go back through the steps to force closed Safari and force closing Safari. Then try a reset. See this support document for instructions on restart and reset. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support After the iPad reboots, try Safari and the bookmarks.

Jul 7, 2015 3:11 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

The fix turned out to be even simpler than expected. I turned the pad to portrait orientation and just to see what happened I tapped the book icon. The bookmarks bar appeared; tap again, it disappears as you said. Back to the landscape mode, tapping the icon now works as it should, opening and closing the bar. If this lasts, you have ended years of frustration and I thank you very much for your help.

How to close bookmark bar on mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.