Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Issues (Glitches)

Hello,

I have a Mac Mini (Late 2012) on 10.10.4 and sometimes I see some flicks on screen.

It's not like the issue solved by apple (Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.7), it's like some glitches on display card:

This user posted a video exactly how is happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1NzMvof0j8

Is there anyone seeing this annoying problem?

Edit: I found this error when the glitches happen, but i don't think is related:

07/07/15 17:12:28,000 kernel[0]: Google Chrome He (map: 0xffffff8036095960) triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff8036095960, region 0x7fff95800000->0x7fff95a00000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.

Thanks in advance!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:25 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2015 12:11 PM in response to Gude H

Hi Gude,

I'm seeing a very similar issue. Our Mac Mini will boot up, often run for a couple hours, then begin showing this screen glitch. The glitch appears for about 5 seconds and then the computer reboots. Often, after a reboot, the screen will glitch again, either immediately after booting or soon after. We find that manually restarting the computer will delay the next screen glitch, giving us more time to work before being restarted.

Here is a video we took of the problem: http://youtu.be/h-Ik6KyvdRU

I've read some Apple tutorials regarding "Kernel Panic", which sounds like it could be the issue -- although we're referring to this error as a "Display Issue (Glitch)", I don't think the issue I'm seeing is directly related to the monitor, as if it were, the computer would still be responsive and wouldn't shut down.

Details about our Apple Mac mini "Core i5" 2.5 (Late 2012) in a System Profile Report have been uploaded to a shared folder that you can view here: Download System Profile Report.

Thanks to anyone who has come to a solution for this issue.

Brian

Display Issues (Glitches)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.