Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loops won't loop

Never come across this in Garageband earlier but this new version is different, so I am sure there is some minor detail I overlook, but I have tried to find out what I may have done wrong, but cannot. First I added a "cycle" and wanted to loop it, but I could only drag it out to a certain extent and then I couldn't drag it more. Then I added several tracks with my keyboard and finally I wanted to add some Apple loops, but I cannot drag them out. So they won't loop.
This used to be as easy as that and you couldn't do it wrong. It was just to drop the loop on an empty track and start dragging, but somehow I cannot. So, anyone got an idea as to why not? Have I accidentally done somehing which I shouldn't? (I hate it when software do things for you!)

Glad for any tip.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Final Cut Pro X, Canon HV30

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:47 AM

Well, I solved it myself. There is one button called Horizontal zoom which I probably have come to click on so it had zoomed in extremely much. But why on Earth put it there in a dark corner... and why I couldn't drag the loops although they were zoomed in is also beyond me...I ca

OK, I don't know how to delete this post, so it has to be left here to shame myself...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 11:47 AM in response to Wilfred Hildonen

Well, I solved it myself. There is one button called Horizontal zoom which I probably have come to click on so it had zoomed in extremely much. But why on Earth put it there in a dark corner... and why I couldn't drag the loops although they were zoomed in is also beyond me...I ca

OK, I don't know how to delete this post, so it has to be left here to shame myself...

Loops won't loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.