Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete a previous recipient which do not appear in the window>previousrecipientlist, but shows up when starting an email and a single character is entered.

When I start an email and type in a single first letter character, an email address is displayed which I want to delete. I go to window>previous recipients list and this address do not display. How can I remove from my data base?

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 12:08 PM

Open Mail for me

1. Choose Window > Previous Recipients.
  2. Do any of the following:
    • Sort the list: Click a column header.
    • Search for a name: Enter the name in the search field.
    • Show recipients in Contacts: Double-click a name. A card icon precedes names that are already in Contacts.
    • Add recipients to Contacts: Select a name, then click Add to Contacts.
    • Remove recipients from the list: Select one or more names, then click Remove From List.

In the future, another way to get help with the Mail app, with the Mail app open, go to the menu bar click Help > Mail Help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 12:08 PM in response to LondonOhio

Open Mail for me

1. Choose Window > Previous Recipients.
  2. Do any of the following:
    • Sort the list: Click a column header.
    • Search for a name: Enter the name in the search field.
    • Show recipients in Contacts: Double-click a name. A card icon precedes names that are already in Contacts.
    • Add recipients to Contacts: Select a name, then click Add to Contacts.
    • Remove recipients from the list: Select one or more names, then click Remove From List.

In the future, another way to get help with the Mail app, with the Mail app open, go to the menu bar click Help > Mail Help.

How do you delete a previous recipient which do not appear in the window>previousrecipientlist, but shows up when starting an email and a single character is entered.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.