Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 only charges when off with a cerified charging cable.

my dynex charger for my iPhone 5 has been working perfectly fine up until last night. It worked all day yesterday, and I went to plug it in before I went to sleep and no charge. With other cables in the past I found that leaving them unplugged for awhile usualily helps. so I left it unplugged all night And tried to charge my phone once again in the morning and it still did not work. I unplugged it several times. And I decided to clean the charging port since I read that worked for many people and it worked for a couple hours until my phone got to 97% and then I got the "this accessory may not be supported message" I've tried restarting it, putting it in airplane mode, and the only way it will charge is if it's turned off. I just updated my phone to the new IOS 8.4 update. My charging cable is not bent and the wires are not frayed. Can someone help!?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:57 AM

3 replies

iPhone 5 only charges when off with a cerified charging cable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.