Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple apps no longer working after iOS8.4 update

Anyone else having problems since updating to iOS8?

I have a iPhone 5S which was fine until 8.3. Then the phone would frequently switch itself off with 16% or more battery still showing in the battery indicator, apps like BBC news and Sky Sports would crash. So I grabbed the opportunity to install 8.4 today and what a mistake!

Facebook, BBC news, Sky Sports, Jawbone Up - to name those I have tried using today all struggling to load, crashing, freezing. I've rebooted the device a number of times!

Is it just me, can I roll back the version of the iOS on the device to an earlier version?

With 4 iphones and 4 ipads in the house, I used to think Apple products just worked - seems after 4+ years, I might now be wrong!

HELP

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 12:09 PM

Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 12:09 PM in response to sdriscoll

Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.

multiple apps no longer working after iOS8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.