Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Bluetooth Woes

Hi, folks,

I have a late 2011 MBP 17" in which I've upgraded the wireless/Bluetooth card as described in this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/2011-macbook-pros-can-support-handoff-contin uity.1747240/

After installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a boot camp partition, I tried many different approaches from this thread:

Full Bluetooth functionality in Bootcamp (audio, A2DP, FTP, OBEX)

Bluetooth functionality works just fine in OSX, but Windows 7 detects and pairs with my Apple wireless keyboard, but not my Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth mouse. How ironic is it that my Microsoft mouse works just fine in Apple's OS, but not Microsoft's?

Initially Windows would find the mouse, but once paired, it would not be able to start the device or find drivers for it. But now Windows doesn't even find the mouse when I attempt to pair it. Does anyone have any thoughts, or have any of you had success with this particular hardware/software combination?

Thanks much in advance!

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:01 PM

14 replies

Jul 8, 2015 5:27 AM in response to CuCkOoDooku

The MacRumours article has KEXTs being modified and patched. It can cause problems.

The strange part is that OSX side works after all the patching, but the un-patched Windows side does not.

Has your M$ mouse ever worked after all these changes? What is the version of BT drivers on the Windows side. Was an SMC Reset and NVRAM reset down after the new card was installed?

Jul 8, 2015 12:09 PM in response to Loner T

Right. I figured that if the kext modification had thrown something off, it would effect my OSX installation too.

The mouse has never worked on Windows. At first, Windows detected it but would not load the drivers for it, but now it doesn't even detect it. The BT driver on Windows is just the one Boot Camp provides. I also have the Atheros BT Suite that the second link in my OP recommends.

I have tried resetting both the SMC and NVRAM. No dice.

Boot Camp Bluetooth Woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.