Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I'm using icloud to sync my photos, how do I get photo albums from iPhoto back onto my iphone?

I used to import photos taken from my iPhone to iPhoto, and made several albums on iPhoto to then be synced back into my iPhone (because I have OCD). I recently erased everything on my computer, but backed up the important files, such as iPhoto. I used to back up everything to my computer but have now switched to iCloud backing up. I have also started the "sync photos with iCloud' feature, which allows you to access photos taken from devices on iCloud.. I think..

Anyways, now with these new updates, I can no longer sync the albums from iPhoto to my phone using iTunes. I don't know how to get those albums back onto my iPhone. The photos aren't in my photo stream or camera roll because I would delete them after separating them into albums.

So question is, how do I get the old albums on my iPhoto to my phone again????

Please help 😟

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 12:49 PM

Hello tinyenchila,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see that you would like to sync photos from iPhoto to your iPhone, but you have iCloud Photo Library enabled on your iPhone. Since you are using iCloud Photo Library, you cannot sync photos to your iPhone through iTunes, given that all of your content is synced via iCloud. To ensure that the content on your Mac also appears on your other devices, including all of your albums, simply turn on iCloud Photo Library on your Mac as well. If you'd like to learn more about iCloud Photo Library, then take a look at the articles below.

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

Have a good one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2015 12:49 PM in response to tinyenchila

Hello tinyenchila,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see that you would like to sync photos from iPhoto to your iPhone, but you have iCloud Photo Library enabled on your iPhone. Since you are using iCloud Photo Library, you cannot sync photos to your iPhone through iTunes, given that all of your content is synced via iCloud. To ensure that the content on your Mac also appears on your other devices, including all of your albums, simply turn on iCloud Photo Library on your Mac as well. If you'd like to learn more about iCloud Photo Library, then take a look at the articles below.

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

Have a good one.

If I'm using icloud to sync my photos, how do I get photo albums from iPhoto back onto my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.