Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

troubleshoot

Help!

My mac computer was working, then after unplugging to transfer to the other room, i tried plugging it in but no luck. I tried troubleshoot: pressing power,command,control,P&R but nothing happens. I tried the plugging the cord to another computer but it works great but when i plug it in my mac there is no activity at all not even a power.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:19 PM

9 replies

Jul 9, 2015 10:57 AM in response to a brody

yaykZ! sorry my iMac computer is the one not working....

I tried using the plug to another computer, it works well, but when i plug it in to iMac it does nothing at all.

I tried the command,control, etc. no sig of activity at all.

I took out the memory and plug it back, nothing...I don't know what happened...

please help....

Aug 7, 2015 3:00 PM in response to bharyn13

It will make it easier to help you w/ your problem to know know more information about your computer; size, exact year built, RAM installed and OS you're running. Any history prior to your incident would also be helpful.

In general:

Try a hard reset. Disconnect the battery (open the bottom and pull the connector off. Use your fingernails.) and power adapter. Press the power button for 1 minute. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes, Reconnect and try to start up.

No? - Go through the same procedure and try to start without the battery connected.

The addendum to this would be to try a known good battery.

This would be for a "no start" scenario but basically it's the SMC reset w/ a battery you can remove.

troubleshoot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.