Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waves plug-ins disappeared from Instrument dropdown

Hi gang,

My list of Waves plug-ins no longer appear in the Instrument menu for any track in a Logic project. Here's the scenario:

I read about a new feature in Logic that lets your organize your plug-ins as you like (menu > Logic Pro X > Preferences > Plug-In Manager > Category > click + icon > create group > drag plug-ins into that group).

I selected all Wave plug-ins and dragged them into a new top-level group. They appear to be listed in both the new group, and their original location.

But now they are nowhere to be found in the Instrument selection menu -- not only are they not in the new group I created, but the original "Waves" folder (under AU Instruments) is completely gone. Even more odd, when I reopen the Plug-in Manager, the Waves group of plug-ins still appears.

I've tried relicensing all the Waves plug-ins, re-scanning with the Waves AU Reg Utility, even removing the entire contents of my folder Applications > Waves > Plug_Ins V9 and reregistering everything from scratch. No luck.

What have I done?

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 3:21 PM

Waves plugins are mainly FX plugins not Instrument Plugins.... so you should find most of them when you click on the Audio FX button in a channel strip...

3 replies

Waves plug-ins disappeared from Instrument dropdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.