Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many playcounts reset to zero after installing 12.2?

I recently updated my iTunes to 12.2 from the previous version. After doing so, it appears that many of my songs have had their playcounts reduced to zero inexplicably. I suspect on the circumstantial evidence that the update and/or Apple Music is the issue here.

I am unable to identify a unifying factor for the reset songs, other than the only thing that these songs have in common is that they were purchased through the iTunes Store (as opposed to uploaded from an old CD), but many many other songs purchased through the store have their playcounts intact. The songs have been purchased over various years of my library's 8+ year life; they are from various artists but no one artist has been completely affected; they are from various albums but no one album has been completely affected. Very rough estimate is that about 1/3 of the songs have had their playcounts reset.

Is there any way I can restore these lost playcounts? I have two smart playlists that depend on them: one for a go-to playlist of my most listened music and another of playcount 0's for music I have acquired but not yet explored. This problem has ruined both of these.

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:34 PM

There are no replies.

Many playcounts reset to zero after installing 12.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.