Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Turn iPod Passcode Off

Hi!

I have recently been having a problem... On my iPod Touch Fifth Generation, the ability to "Turn Passcode Off" is greyed out, along with the "Simple Passcode" switch, and the "Erase Data" switch. This means I cannot use any of these three functions. And finally, when I am creating my passcode, it will not allow a passcode under 6 characters. I am at a loss as to how to fix this, and I fear the only way will be to do a factory reset, which would suck. If that is the only solution, then does someone know if this problem will be solved anyway in ios9? So...

How do I fix this?!?!?!?!

Thanks everybody!!!!!!!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2, Fifth Generation

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:47 PM

Wow. I just solved my own problem! Haha, I will post the solution here just in case anyone else goes looking for the solution.

I was signed in to Mail with an Exchange account, but once I removed this account from mail, all of the greyed out buttons returned and my iPod is thankfully back to normal!

Sorry to waste your time everybody 😉

Thanks, Chris.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 1:47 PM in response to ChrisVeilleux

Wow. I just solved my own problem! Haha, I will post the solution here just in case anyone else goes looking for the solution.

I was signed in to Mail with an Exchange account, but once I removed this account from mail, all of the greyed out buttons returned and my iPod is thankfully back to normal!

Sorry to waste your time everybody 😉

Thanks, Chris.

Jul 7, 2015 1:48 PM in response to ChrisVeilleux

Do you have any Restrictions set? Settings>General>Restrictions?

Forgotten RESTRICTIONS Passcode

- Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and restore via iTunes. For how to restore: iTunes: Restoring iOS software

You have to either:

- Restore from a backup that was make before you added the Restrictions passcode. If you restore from a backup made with the Restrictions passcode the Restrictions passcode is also restored.

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod

Cannot Turn iPod Passcode Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.