Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes wifi sync stops recognizing devices

EVer since I got my new mac, I've had issues with itunes wifi sync. it works great until I join another network on my mac (can join any wireless networks on ios devices without issue), after which it stops automatically recognizing devices. The only way I am able to get it working is to delete all networks on all devices, rejoin and then switch between 2.4/5ghz frequency ssids. It may require this switching several times before it suddenly recognizes devices. Even this does not work consistently, however. If I restart after all of this, it may or may not work anymore. I have tried reinstalling iTunes 12.2 (did this on previous version too), restoring TM (temporary until I join another network), reinstalling OS X 10.10.4, full erase and internet recovery and all the above using a bootable usb stick. I use AV, due to a mixed environment--the problem manifests both with AV and on a freshly installed system without AV. Anyone else experiencing this or have an idea that won't be as big of a pain as the process I'm already going through?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Discrete graphics

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:40 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 8:59 PM in response to amrobx

Okay, so this evening I did some experimenting with my wifi network. It seems the issue only occurs when the devices are on the 5 GHz wireless ac band. On the other hand, it all works like a charm if I just put everything on the 2.4 GHz wireless n portion. I am using a netgear r7500 router--possibly thinking about switching this. If it won't allow my devices to sync properly on the higher bandwidth radio, then it is fairly worthless to me short of streaming the occasional video over the network. If anyone else has experienced this or has this same router, I'd love to hear feedback, etc. as to whether it seems to be working. I did note that prior to buying the mac, the devices worked while using Windows (which wifi sync wasn't traditionally very reliable on Windows) on 5 GHz/ac. I should also note that it worked fine on the last router I had that was all wireless N.

Itunes wifi sync stops recognizing devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.