Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 1 1 OSX 10.7.5 suddenly malfunctioning everywhere

I need help and am at a loss. I have a Mac Pro 1 1 running osx 10.7.5. 2 x 2.66 dual core Xeon with 16gb RAM. Suddenly today acrobat kept crashing and would not work anymore. SHortly after my dock would not auto hide / show. I had to click near the dock area to show it and when it did pop up the genie effect and animated icons when opening did not work. Any menu's I went to had no hover ability. I had to click or click and hold to get from a menu to its sub menu. Now left clicking suddenly sticks and drags a selection, I can't move a window and let go, it just sticks, and at times I have to double or triple click something to make it work like a link or opening an app. Also, when something won't click and I click a few times a menu pops up with any open apps and it cycles through the apps. I did a clean reinstall of lion and tried a number of things but have no clue what there is left to do.

Also, about a week ago it would not start up. It could not find the boot disk. I fixed that but it seems like snce then everything has gone downhill. Is my mac dying or can it be saved?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:14 PM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2015 7:15 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I got it fixed. Believe it or not, after hours of searching the web I found a strange solution. I unplugged the receiver for my wireless mouse for a minute, then plugged it back in and everything was solved and works like new again. It is so odd.

The boot disk problem I figured out a while ago. I just didn;t know if that was related.

Thanks though

Mac Pro 1 1 OSX 10.7.5 suddenly malfunctioning everywhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.