Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing region

Hi,

I bought used iPod Shuffle 4G that is bought from Dubai and used in Europe. Now I need to change that. I want to use it in US. How can I reactivate the Shuffle on US soil?

Thanks,

G

iPod shuffle

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 3:18 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2015 5:36 PM in response to Gorast

I don't believe that there are any region-specific aspects for an iPod, you certainly shouldn't have to (re)activate it for another country, I have iPods that were bought in the US and used in the UK, and vice versa, and never encountered any issues - all I needed to do was change timezone setting so that the clock is correct 😉

You will find, though, that access to the iTunes Store is a different matter - you'll need to have a credit card issued by a US bank and associated with a US address. I believe that it should be possible to do this with an existing Apple ID previously used in another country - assuming this to be the case you should definitely do that so that you retain full access to previous store purchases.

Changing region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.