Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird Screen Issue

So I've been having issues with my iPhone 6 Plus. When I had 8.3 installed my phone started to randomly panic. The screen would turn blue and the phone would just reboot. Didn't matter what I was doing either (playing a game, using an app etc...). I figured if I restore the phone to factory defaults it would fix the problem, I did the restore and haven't had any panics since. Now 8.4 came out and I did the upgrade. Since upgrading to 8.4 I occasionally get these white flashing lines at the top of the screen and the screen won't respond until the lines stop flashing. I thought it might be a 8.4 bug but I know of no one else having this issue. The problem only seems to happen after unlocking the phone when the screen is off. Sounds to me like an issue with the screen but Apple might not be willing to fix it under warranty. On July 4th my mother pushed me accidentally and the phone dropped 2 feet on a rug and the screen shattered. Now logic would say the screen was already broke and the shattered glass has nothing to do with this issue but how can you prove it. I've had other iPhones drop 5-6 ft on cement and the screen never shattered like this. I'd say the glass was defective but once again how to prove?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:02 PM

8 replies

Jul 8, 2015 8:39 AM in response to JordanWoods

I have had the same issue since installing the latest software with apple music. White lines on the top of the screen and the touch feature is unresponsive for long periods of time. I hit the mail app and the app three rows higher opens. Apple support through chat told me to do a complete wipe and restore, which I did yesterday. After restoring through icloud, I am still having the issue. Not sure if this is hardware or software issue? I took it to apple store last night but they can't get me an appt until Saturday.

Jul 13, 2015 4:00 PM in response to G23563

The screen is definetely the problem at least in my case. Apple acknowledged my screen is defective but because I broke the glass they said they couldn't help me. They said while it's possible your screen was already having issues before you broke the glass you can't prove it and if we started to trust our customers we'd be out of business real quick. As for the panics when I restored it back to factory it wiped out any trace of the panics so they couldn't help me there either. Every time I go to their store I get the run around from them. They told me my old 5 was defective and needed to be replaced when in fact it was a provider issue. The nice guy in the store did ask me if I wanted to buy any other products. I asked how much was a Samsung or HTC phone. He walked away and never returned.

Weird Screen Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.