Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing not working on Apple TV with iTunes 12.2

Since the iTunes upgrade to 12.2 I have been unable to see my library through Home Sharing on the Apple TV (3rd gen). I use the Apple TV so I can play my iTunes library through my surround sound system. From what I can gather Home Sharing no longer works with IOS 8.4 but I got the impression that it should still work on the Mac. I have a Macbook Pro mid-2009.

I had a similar problem with the upgrade to Yosemite and was able to resolve this by changing the computer name in system preferences/sharing which seemed to be the Apple recommended solution. I now notice that the article where I got this information has been archived Home Sharing not working with Apple TV after installing OS X Yosemite - Apple Support. Nevertheless I tried changing the computer name and I also tried changing the name of the library in iTunes/preferences but neither worked. I have also tried both restarting and resetting the Apple TV and disabling and enabling home sharing on the Apple TV and Macbook.

Does iTunes 12.2 really support Home Sharing through the Apple TV or am I wasting my time trying all these solutions? Am I missing something obvious?

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:26 PM

There are no replies.

Home sharing not working on Apple TV with iTunes 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.