Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound after ios 8.4 update on Iphone

I recently updated to iOS 8.4
Immediately following I had NO Sound of SIRI during GPS to direct turns so i have to look at the device all the time Safety Issue Apple!
NO Sounds From Itunes.
No sound why typing in messenger or email. ie / not click
No sound when message arrives.
Intermittent Missed Rings when call is coming in.
Attempted to make changes to sounds and no audio is present at all.
When using the side "+" and "-" buttons the RINGER looks Blank. There are NO Bars to show how loud the ringer would be if there was one.

I already did a complete reinstall and restore did not help. so i did a reinstall and set FROM NEW PHONE.. still no sound. Apple what are you doing? Dont you guys check stuff before you release it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:27 PM

12 replies

Jul 9, 2015 1:29 PM in response to svtb15

Hi svtb15,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you continue to not hear any sound from your iPhone, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful (apologies if you have already seen it):

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Regards

Jul 9, 2015 1:45 PM in response to brenden dv

I already have done all that was listed in that article Problem still exists. Its such a Pain. and Dangerous. I have No sound after 9.4 when i use GPS .. SIRI has no sound... So i have to constantly LOOK at my Phone and tale my eyes off the road... accident waiting to happen. . No sounds from Itunes either.. But i have RING on my phone... But none when i get a message.. yet teh Alarm rings....

Jul 12, 2015 7:39 PM in response to svtb15

svtb15 wrote:

That loop agian. YOu have to jump thru page after page after page. why doenst someone just contact me directly. You screwed up my phone! Im getting PO ed about this apple crap.. This crap never happened when Jobs was alive. !
Do you have a direct link so i dont have to search and search??

Your crack about Mr. Jobs was offensive. Your problem has nothing to do with him and you have no clue what might or might not have happened when he was alive. You were given a link with instructions which you apparently chose not to read. Mr. Jobs would not have helped you.

Jul 12, 2015 9:03 PM in response to Philly_Phan

I did go to that link.. Im going the apple store with this thing when i get home.. Im a touring artist.. I dont have time for this mess.. I need it fixed. Im goig to get a different phone. If it is 8.4 that caused this to happen,then Apple needs to do much better Beta testing. because this is pathetic goig around in some forum where the only help you get are from other non expert users. Its a joke

no sound after ios 8.4 update on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.