Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does apple expect you to get on your iPod and open an email to send them info, just after you told them that it won't power on?

One day my iPod started to flicker so I turned it off and it won't turn back on. I tried to get support by email and it's a bit annoying that you say it won't power on then they ask you to open an email on your device. Whats the best support for this. It's a 5th gen and I've only had it about 7 months (it stopped working about 3 months ago)

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7, It won't power on

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:55 PM

7 replies

Jul 8, 2015 3:10 PM in response to Fitzg

I never have seen that before. All you can do is:

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

How does apple expect you to get on your iPod and open an email to send them info, just after you told them that it won't power on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.