Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are my temps normal ?

Hi , so i have this new MBP retina 15' mid 2014- its near 3-4 weeks old , when doing normal tasks such as browsing , watching movies and even using photoshop my temps are pretty normal (staying near 38-50celsius based on what apps i use) . but while gaming on ultra settings the temps get near 95-8 degrees , i use temperature gauge pro to keep an eye on the temps , the thing is the cpu's cores and the GPU dont stay long on 90+ degrees and while gaming if i suddenly quit the game and check the temps they are on 77-89 degrees and sometimes they go up again near 90-95 and come down again . so the temps dont stay on 90+ degrees for long, only a short time like 3-5mins

i was wondering if this is normal , or the temps are high and im harming the system . i payed a lot of money for this and dont want it to get damaged , and btw i use it on a flat surface on a cool pad and the vents are not getting blocked in anyway and i know the system will shut it self down if its overheating , im just concerned and confused.

your help would be greatly appreciated

i7/16/512/GT750M (Mid 2014)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:21 PM

1 reply

Are my temps normal ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.