Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APP fails to launch after IOS 8.4 update

I have an app (Covenant Bible Study) that will not open since the latest IOS update. Any help in getting apps to open? I already deleted and downloaded it again.I've tried restarting it. Nothing works.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:53 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 5:14 PM in response to PeaceConsultant

Try a force restart if you have not yet done so:

Force Restart (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

If that does not work, it could simply be that the app is not compatible with iOS 8.4 for whatever reason. In the App Store, read some of the current reviews of the app which may give you an indication if others are having the same issue as well. But seeing as iOS 8.4 is a recent release, these reviews may not be a good indicator yet.

From the App Store under the app, there should be a link to contact the app developer or a support link which you can also use.

APP fails to launch after IOS 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.