Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 battery usage normal?

I am currently at 49 percent with 4 hours and 12 minutes of usage and 4 hours and 34 minutes of standby. I have brightness at about 50%. Is this normal battery usage or is it draining too fast? I am on iOS 8.4 with an iPad Air 2.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 3:41 PM

7 replies

Jul 7, 2015 3:50 PM in response to SergZak

Wouldn't this give me only 8 hours of battery life instead of the advertised 10 hours? Or is the "up to 10 hours" supposed to mean on some occasions will I get the 10 hour battery life?

Jul 7, 2015 4:03 PM in response to Community User

It depends on what you're actually doing with the iPad. "Up to 10 hours" means just that. If you're playing 3D accelerated games that require alot of processing power, you can get much, much less than 10 hours, even down to 6 or so and likely even less. If you're just sitting idle at the Home Screen at 60% brightness or so, you may get 10. Different usage will result in different battery life. Just because you got 9 hours one day doing some specific things, it doesn't mean you get the same 9 hours another day doing different things.

iPad Air 2 battery usage normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.