Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding videos to iCloud Photo Library does not work

Hi all,

I recently got iCloud and overall I am happy with it. However, one huge shortage is the ability to add videos to the Photo Library as Apple's official FAQ on the matter otherwise states should be possible.

Before getting Photo Library in the first place, I had to get rid of space on my iPhone to get iOS 8(.4), so therefore I transfered all of my photos and videos to my computer. After getting iOS 8.4, iCloud and enabling Photo Library, I started adding files (photos) via the icloud.com/photos app, and it worked like a treat. When I got to the videos though, it tells me that it only accepts JPEG files.

Is there seriously no way to get my videos into Photo Library so I can again access them from my iPhone similarly to when I previously just had the Camera Roll? I even upgraded to 200GB of iCloud storage, but it seems kind of laughable if you can't even store certain mediums on there. Right now my videos are caught in a flux, and I almost don't have more space on my PC either now.

I tried temporarily disabling iCloud on my iPhone to connect it to iTunes and manually transfering the videos from a folder on my PC onto the iPhone, thinking that re-enabling Photo Library afterwards would upload the videos to Photo Library. However, this only prompts with a message saying that the videos will get overwritten with the content of my Photo Library that currently has no videos in it.

Any help is much appreciated!

iPhone 5s, Windows 8, iOS 8.4 on my iPhone 5s

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 3:23 PM

There are no replies.

Adding videos to iCloud Photo Library does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.