Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No iPhone icon in iTunes

I just updated my iPhone 6 to 8.4 and my macbook pro 13' (no retina) to the newest OS. The new iTunes was also updated and now when I plug my phone (as well as I have tried various other devices, ports, cords), no device icon shows up (suppose to be to the right of the three dots). I have tried all the steps found in this link

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204095

I've done a hard reset on my phone, and reinstalled iTunes from the apple website. I also contacted apple support and the senior advisor hasn't replied. I'm really stuck on what the issue is and wondering if it is a software issue. Any help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:01 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2015 6:39 PM in response to jeshiihu

Same problem, just updated all devices MacBook, iPhone 6 and mini iPad and now iTunes on MacBook does not recognise iPhone or iPad.

I have done every thing that has been suggested i cant synch via wifi as all instructions indicate i need to turn it on via iTunes McBook which I cant do cos its not recognised.

Seriously regret updating as it was all working before.

Regards Soobs

Jul 7, 2015 8:13 PM in response to sooby

OMG I'm actually laughing at how this actually worked. I had to use an old coord used for iPads/iphone 4 and older, with an adapter to for the new iPhone 5-6 NOW IT WORKS! I tried various USB cables from apple as well as a different brand one but only the combo of the old cable and adapt worked. Thanks so much!!! Also if apple could fix that it would be very much appreciated.

No iPhone icon in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.