Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an existing podcast on iTunes now and I want to use my website as my iTunes feed. What is the best way to do it?

I have an existing podcast on iTunes now and I want to use my website as my iTunes feed. What is the best way to do it? Should I write to Apple support and ask them to change my podcast to new feed or resubmit my website to iTunes as a new feed?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 10:39 PM

Once you have your new RSS feed working, you can implement the iTunes New Feed URL tag in your old feed. Leave the old feed up until the iTunes Store updates itself to the new feed, then you can stop using the old feed. Also, if possible, put a permanent 301 redirect in place for your old feed to ensure you retain all of your subscribers, not just those who've subscribed thru iTunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 10:39 PM in response to Tomboy Tirade

Once you have your new RSS feed working, you can implement the iTunes New Feed URL tag in your old feed. Leave the old feed up until the iTunes Store updates itself to the new feed, then you can stop using the old feed. Also, if possible, put a permanent 301 redirect in place for your old feed to ensure you retain all of your subscribers, not just those who've subscribed thru iTunes.

Jul 7, 2015 11:37 PM in response to Tomboy Tirade

You say 'use my website' - of course your website must produce a properly structured rss feed to be acceptable in iTunes and if you are going to move the Store to using this feed you should check that it's working properly before you transfer to it. Subscribe to it manually in iTunes (from the 'File' menu) and make sure the episodes will download and play. lso, if you are changing the hosting of your media files, enter the URL of one of them in Safari and make sure it plays there, not downloads.

Then you will need to arrange to change to the new feed: the process is described in detail here:

http://wilmut.uk/move

I have an existing podcast on iTunes now and I want to use my website as my iTunes feed. What is the best way to do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.