Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

extra long charge time!

(salam alikum) Hello

I hope that you will be in the best conditions

sorry about my bad language, because i'm from Iraq

my device is iPhone 6 in IOS 8.4,

i got problem about 3 days , when i try connect my device to the charging, it showing message (This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone)

even though I used the original cable but this thing happened for the first ...

OK, I replaced the charging cable with a genuine cable it comes with my other devices, and its work, but the device battery it no longer as in the past

now the battery take a long time to charging from 1% to 100%, it take more than 5 hours to complete charging (USB from my MBP), and more than this time with a (1 Amp adapter) !! and it crazy draining, its drain more than 25% within 1 hour when the device using or standby!

i tried fix that problem with restore iPhone and backup, but didn't work, then i restore the iPhone without backup and icloud account, and get iPhone to airplane mode and turn off all connection, gps, brightness... also didn't work..

tried to empty the battery and recharge again .. not work.... CRAZY DRAIN !!!

please help what can i do with this problem???

Note: there is no certificated apple center in my country

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:43 PM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2015 3:58 PM in response to chuck_3rd

thanks for reply alex..

but previously I said in my letter above.. I'm use only apple certificate accessories, and when i got this problem I replaced the broken cable with other certificate cable and adapter (attachment with my other device)..

and the device it charging very slowly (up to 5 hours) to complete charge, and its draining very fast, it drain from 100% to 1% within 4 hours when device in standby or sleeping (never restoring backup, airplane mode, turn off all connections, no apps installed !!!)

I'm very happy for your response, 🙂🙂

extra long charge time!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.