Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I blocked someone on iOS 8.4, what exactly happens? More specifically, do our previous messages/conversations still show up on their phone? If not, is there anything I can do to somehow remove those messages from their phone?

I'm just not sure if the person that got blocked can still somehow view our messages

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:08 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 5:10 PM in response to elmaletic

In addition, if you continue to send them messages, they will get them. Blocking is one way. You can call them and message them. If they call you, they will be sent directly to voice mail and the voice mail will be filed away under "Blocked Messages". You will not be notified of it. SMS, MMS, and iMessages from them will be discarded. You will not receive them.

I blocked someone on iOS 8.4, what exactly happens? More specifically, do our previous messages/conversations still show up on their phone? If not, is there anything I can do to somehow remove those messages from their phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.