Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 53.. can some one help me. (screen and id button replaced)

I took my iphone 6 to repair at an authorized apple shop in my city , took it to repair the screen as the ID button .
When i was trying to upgrade the ios 8.4 something went wrong , it said error 53 and now not even in the store where i took it to repair know how to fix it . I've been reading that this has to do with changing the id button .. anyone know how to restore my iphone and return it from death ?????

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:12 PM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 5:20 PM in response to KattKatherine

Error 53 is a hardware error. If the authorized Apple Shop in your city is who handles Apple warranty and/or repair, then they have to handle it. If they replaced the screen and button, they are responsible for the device, since replacing the screen is part of out of warranty work. The device should have a warranty from the parts replacement. I've read similar reports that mismatch of the screen and home button can cause this error, but again, if you do not have an Apple store but Authorized Apple Service center, they are supposed to handle Apple's work. You will not be able to restore it, Apple will have to handle it.

error 53.. can some one help me. (screen and id button replaced)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.