Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why aren't my messages showing up on ipad

MY text messages aren't showing up on the iPad since I updated to IOS 8.4

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:41 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 5:02 PM in response to Jbressi

This is from the user guide. Hope this helps. What were you doing before? “iMessage service With the Messages app and the built-in iMessage feature, you can send text messages over Wi-Fi to others using iOS 5 or later, or OS X Mountain Lion or later. Messages can include photos, videos, and other info. You can see when people are typing, and let them know when you’ve read their messages. If you’re signed in to iMessage using the same Apple ID on other iOS devices or a Mac (OS X Mavericks or later), you can start a conversation on one device and continue it on another. For security, messages you send with iMessage are encrypted before they’re sent. With Continuity (iOS 8 or later), you can also send and receive SMS and MMS messages on your iPad, relayed through your iPhone. Both your iPad and iPhone must be signed in to iMessage using the same Apple ID. Charges may apply to the text messaging service for your iPhone. See About Continuity features.” Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “iPad User Guide for iOS 8.4.” Apple Inc., 2015. iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright. Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/5A6R2.l

Jul 7, 2015 5:53 PM in response to Jbressi

Me too! I used to be abLe to send and receive texts and calls from both iPhone and android users. Now when I try to text my husband who has an android phone from my iPad, it says he is not registered with iMessage. it seems there is one issue after another and it is extremely frustrating to no longer be able to do something that was once "allowed."

Why aren't my messages showing up on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.