Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I get Itunes to download to my Windows pc?????

I had ITunes for many years and it worked fine, then sometime last fall, it stopped working. After messing around with it for awhile, I finally uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I reinstalled it MANY times, and each time I got an error message, that I could not decipher. So, now I am at the end of my rope. I have MOST of my music on my Ipod touch, however, I HAD, MANY, MANY, TV SHOWS, that I had PURCHASED from Apple. And I would REALLY like to get those back. SO, If, anybody out there can help me, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

iPod touch (3rd generation), iOS 5, used with a windows pc

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:47 PM

6 replies

Jul 7, 2015 4:53 PM in response to SuperPissed

See turingtest2's user tip on Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for steps that may be necessary to successfully install iTunes.

You don't state what edition of Windows you're using - if it is XP or Vista you won't be able to install the latest iTunes release (12.2). The user tip referenced above includes links for the installers to version 12.2.1, the last iTunes release to be compatible with the legacy Windows editions.

Jul 7, 2015 6:24 PM in response to SuperPissed

As TMJIJ suggested, you need to be more specific before anyone can assist you.

• Is your system running the 32- or 64-bit edition of Windows 7?
  • Can you download the latest version of iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/? If not, do you get any error message?
  • If you can download the installer, what happens when you run it? If you see an error message, what is the exact text of that message? There are several issues that can arise during installation, and without knowing which one you are encountering it is impossible to provide relevant advice.
  • If iTunes installs but will not run or crashes when it does, what error message(s) are generated? Again, you'll need provide the exact wording.
  • Lastly, if iTunes installs and runs, and you already have an iTunes library on your PC, is your library content correct, i.e., your songs/albums are listed, can be played in iTunes, and can be synced with any iDevices you may have?

Jul 7, 2015 6:30 PM in response to SuperPissed

One of the things that many times occurs when people try to remove iTunes is not removing it following the recommended steps from Apple. Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support Not removing it completely or in another order can cause additional problems for the use of iTunes. Stray files in Windows can really cause issues.

If you use the same Apple ID when you get iTunes working, your previously purchased content will still be available.

Jul 8, 2015 10:55 AM in response to hhgttg27

I am running Windows 7, 32 bit. I have removed/uninstalled as much of apple/iTunes as I can find. When I try to install ITunes, it goes through the process, then a box pops up saying, "The file you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavailable, click ok again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing installation package 'iTunes 64.msi' in the box below". In the box below, it shows two folders C:\userstina\appdata\local\apple\applesoftwareupdate\ and C:\programdata\data\applecomputer\installercache\itunes 11.1.3.8\

Then I click cancel, another box pops up that says "the older version of iTunes cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."

Why can't I get Itunes to download to my Windows pc?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.