Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone skipping songs on its own

Since iOS 8.4, my iPhone has been randomly skipping songs while they're playing. I've tried leaving the music app up on the screen, leaving it open in the background, etc. but nothing seems to work.

When I try to go to a certain point in a song, my phone will skip to the next song, also.

How could I fix these issues? Is it my phone or just the update? Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:50 PM

Rreset your phone by holding down the Wake/Sleep and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears. Also check if you accidentally selected to play in the Shuffle mode.

10 replies

Aug 3, 2015 12:22 PM in response to JimmyJimmyYam

I've the same unscientific result.

If I play music while connected to home WiFi, no skipping happens. Any other WiFi causes different skipping issues. Using celular data causes many songs skipping. If I go back to skipped song a "Not authorized" notice appears.

Not really sure, but I definitely suspect song copyrights and or device authorization are validate online before played and some sort of partial response causes the behavior, like "Yes, you bought THIS song and YES you have a the right to play it in this device, but this song file version is out of date, so lets replace it".

Just a thought.

iPhone skipping songs on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.