Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my photos in a million folders now on my iPhone 6 compared to maybe 4 or 5 folders on my iPhone 4? It looks like all my shared Photostream photos are showing up in folders on my phone when I plug it into my laptop.

Why are my photos in a million folders now on my iPhone 6 compared to maybe 4 or 5 folders on my iPhone 4? It looks like all my shared Photostream photos are showing up in folders on my phone when I plug it into my laptop. I just want to clear my camera roll and keep my shared Photo stream. There are 41 folders with various pictures for me to click through now...

The girl at Verizon transferred my stuff from my old phone to my new one. What in the world is going on?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:42 PM

iOS 8 rearranged the way photos are stored. They exist in a database of multiple folders. If you use the right tools to access your photos (which excludes Windows Explorer) all you will see are photos, and no folders. See: Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 5:42 PM in response to kristinah

iOS 8 rearranged the way photos are stored. They exist in a database of multiple folders. If you use the right tools to access your photos (which excludes Windows Explorer) all you will see are photos, and no folders. See: Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

Feb 9, 2016 5:14 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for the Guide you wrote. But honestly not of much help if you only want one specific photo. So the new way it gets organized really is total crap if I may say so. Who ever is responsible for that should be tarred and feathered. Because to find one specific Photo now is rater impossible without importing all photos first. And on my work computer I do not want to import all photos. So this new system is all but helpful (under Windows at least).

😠 😠 😠

Why are my photos in a million folders now on my iPhone 6 compared to maybe 4 or 5 folders on my iPhone 4? It looks like all my shared Photostream photos are showing up in folders on my phone when I plug it into my laptop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.