Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't receive text or imessage from certain contacts

I can text or imessage my friend who has an iphone. She receives my text and imessages but when she sends one back, I don't get receive it. She doesn't get a message it couldn't be sent.

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:32 PM

Since she is receiving your iMessage, it would seem yours is working. However, since she is receiving but not sending, it almost sounds as if the problem is hers. To successfully send and receive iMessage, both devices have to have iMessage activated and an active internet connection. Check both devices in Settings>Messages and see if iMessage is activated. Is she sending to your phone number of Apple ID? What settings do you have for sending receiving iMessages? What troubleshooting have you done on your phone? What has she done on her phone?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 5:32 PM in response to Kmobts

Since she is receiving your iMessage, it would seem yours is working. However, since she is receiving but not sending, it almost sounds as if the problem is hers. To successfully send and receive iMessage, both devices have to have iMessage activated and an active internet connection. Check both devices in Settings>Messages and see if iMessage is activated. Is she sending to your phone number of Apple ID? What settings do you have for sending receiving iMessages? What troubleshooting have you done on your phone? What has she done on her phone?

Don't receive text or imessage from certain contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.