Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade to 12.2 missing playlist on device

Although I declined the 'iCloud Music Library' question when upgrading to 12.2, I noticed that my iTunes screen showed "iCloud Music Library is on" when i clicked on Music after connecting my phone. After syncing my iPhone, i suddenly had none of my existing playlists on the device (they were still showing on my Mac). The only 'playlist' still showing on my iPhone was 'Purchased'. I assume that this has something to do with the new Apple Music service free trial. In iTunes, there was no option to re-add the playlists to my phone. The normal screen just wasn't there just the dreaded iCloud Music Library is on message. Eventually I found that by going in to settings, and turning off the 'iCloud Music library' that I never turned on, I was suddenly able to see and re-add the playlists the old fashioned way. Are people that allow iCloud Music Library and/or Apple Music not able to see their own playlists anymore? I don't see how making this so complicated is going to get Apple any more subscribers. I am getting very frustrated with stuff that used to be so easy.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, Mac OSX with iTunes 12.2

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:15 PM

There are no replies.

upgrade to 12.2 missing playlist on device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.